From 9h to 15th of November of 2015
We are at present preparing the 5th edition of the Internacional Agatha Christie Festival wich will take place in the first half of November between the 9th and 15th of that month.
In the programme, which highlights cultural activities, we will include:
- Presence of Agatha Christie´s only grandson, Mr. Mathew Prichard who will bring a selection of the writer´s photographs exhibited in London and Torquay , her home town.
- Dr. John Curran will tell us about “ Agatha Christie´s travels” around the world, including her stay in Tenerife and “Murder in the Making”, secrets and stories found in the writer´s notebooks. Dr. John Curran, world renowed expert, will helps us know more about the Queen of Crime.
- Theatre “Swan song”, moving theatre in with the Spanish theatre group La Pandilla y Cía., directed by Antonia Jaster
- English Conference “The British in Puerto de la Cruz” with John Lucas y John Reid. Stories told by British people living in Puerto de la Cruz, about important events in our city development.
- “A walk with Agatha Christie” from Taoro to La Paz. A guided walk throughout history. Beginning in Taoro Park where she stayed in her visit to Tenerife (the former Taoro Hotel), and finishing in La Paz, the place where she got her inspiration for “The man from the sea”.
- “ The mystery is in the stars” . An activity to discover the stars in Spain´s highest mountain, Teide- Teide National Park provides the ideal conditions to stargaze, which is why important astronomical observatories have been built there.
- Cinema in English. Do not miss some of the filsms based on her works like Appointment with Death with Peter Ustinov and Lauren Bacall, Agatha with Dustin Hoffman and Vanessa Redgrave or Death in the Nile with an all-star cast, a posthumous tribute to John Guillermin.
- Surf exhibition in Playa Martianez. This sport practiced by Agatha Christie will be included in the 2015 programme.
- Free entry to the Botanical Gardens, Tea Time in Sitio Litre Gardens and in The English Library Tenerife. Enjoy our historical heritage in different municipality venues.
- Arriving from Southampton , The Agatha Christie Cruise with hundreds of fans celebrating the life of the world-famous author, many of them will visit Puerto de la Cruz.
- Music, literary events, permanent exhibitions, crime book offers and activities for young people as part of the 2015 edition.
We will keep you all updated in the near future.