C.I.T. » Aims
As stated in its Statutes, the objectives and aims of the CIT can be summarised as follows:
- To explain to the local authorites and bodies concerned the needs and suggestions which contribute to the improvement of planning for tourism in the Municipality.
- To contribute to and support the conservation and protection of the local countryside, architecture and environment.
- To interest and encourage the observance of urban planning regulations and conservation by the rest of society.
- To support the creation of complementary tourist facilities.
- to boost the organisation of cultural, artistic, sporting and recreational activities in order to increase the variety of leisure opportunities for tourists to enjoy .
- To channel all private iniciatives for the expansion and improvement of tourist services .
- To promote tourist attractions by means of publishing and other media and the opening of Tourist Information Offices.
- To execute, propose and carry out any other activities which contribute to promote tourism.